Monday, August 13, 2012

The Island


Today was a baba day! Jason took Ali to get her TB test read and mama and Tai had a breakfast date. All day Ali wanted Jason to hold her and play! She is really warming up to her baba and gave us lots of laughs and smiles today. She is such a little ham and we just adore her! She loves to imitate us and it is very cute. She is so funny when she laughs she throws here entire head back and since we laugh at her she just keeps doing it. I was holding her today and noticed she was tickling herself under her chin and giggling. So cute since we always tickle her on her neck and then she tickles our necks. But today she was tickling herself and giggling and it was so adorable!!!! Our little Ali also loves music and will dance and bob her head to any type of music. Even if mama sings, which is kinda scary, she dances. We have been wondering about her speech as she doesn't really say much to us. However, when we put on our Mei Mei (Chinese DVD's) she lights up and dances and sings right along. So she can obviously talk which makes us feel much better. She certainly lets us know how she feels as she has the best facial expressions. She also loves the elevators and literally screams in delight when we get on. She also screams and claps when our van or bus pulls up to the hotel. She loves to be in the hotel room with us. I think that is her "safe zone".

After the appt at the medical clinic our group went to Shamian Island. Mama was so excited to shop, but sadly the conditions were not great. Tai was having none of it, Ali was cranky, and Jason hates to shop. I felt very stressed and rushed so we only went to 2 shops. Very sad. I did manage to get a few of the things I wanted and a few gifts. I think I got most of the stuff that people requested. I also didn't bring enough RMB with me and no one took credit card, so actually that shut down my shopping pretty fast. Guess it was a good thing, as I bought 9 pairs of squeaky shoes and probably would have bought more if I had the money. Jason was glad that the well ran dry:) Of course it rained on us. But we did manage to get a quick park play in and Tai was thrilled. Ali is a bit skeptical of the park play but she slowly warmed up and did go down the slide a few times. Of course she loved it once she went down. We tried to find the yummy Italian restaurant that we loved so much last trip but we couldn't find it.... so we ended up at Lucy's. I know most adoptive families love that place but since they serve American food, but Jason and I are not fans. Oh well, the beer was cold:)

We just arrived back at the hotel and Ali is napping. We promised Tai we would take him swimming today. Unfortunately it is raining. So we came up to upload some pic for ya'll in the business center. It is taking FOREVER to upload these pictures so I will just do a few and hope this keeps all my junkie friends going just a bit longer:)



















15 comments:

  1. Love all the photos...especially Tai on the camel. He looks so "superior" and regal and cute at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heidi you alll look so happy and the kids are adorable!!! I love the one of Jason and Ali under the roses... so sweet!!! Daddy's little Girl!!! We are getting very excited to have the Fenton four back home in Olathe safe and sound!!! Miss You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic with her hand on her hip...OMG! Love her! Enjoy your last few days, but can't wait for your return!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are so darling! Love her cute clothes and swimsuit. Tai also looks so happy in his pics. How nice that he has a sister now. Will be seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, forgot that I was "anonymous" :)
    Real name is ...
    Julie D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pics! I can tell you're having fun dressing your girl. Gotta love those bows and sundresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the kiss picture of Ali and Jason! So precious! Sending you all kisses and hugs! Dana and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute camel rider picture and Ali's hand on the hip beside the pool. I think the girl has a spunky side!!! But the chinga picture with Ali and ba ba is adorable!!! Our baby with his baby!!! Tai, we can't wait for you to tell us about your adventures in China!!! We love you all!!! Ye Ye & Nei Nei

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chingas!!!!!!! I just can't stand all the preciousness. It's too, too much for this Aunt Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE the hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the pic of the 3 chief fans!!! Too cute. And I am so LOVING the pigtails.....too damn cute!!! The pics are fabulous! Only 3 sleeps until we all get to see you guys!!! Can't wait. Continue to have a good time and love ya guys!!!!

    :) Ra-Ra

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, I am in love with that sweet little girl! She is just precious and sounds like she is a total ham. I love the picture of Tai reading the map too. I'm glad he's making sure you guys don't get lost:) Love the pictures!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it all! So glad things continue to go well and thanks for the pictures. Love them all! I hope you enjoy your last few days in China and happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love the pics. She is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Heidi!
    I'm so happy your trip has gone good and that you all will be coming home soon! Ali is beautiful! Tell Tai, Soleil misses him and hope to see him soon and meet his baby sister. :) I will say a prayer that your flights will all be on time and fly safely.

    ReplyDelete