Sunday, August 12, 2012

Zoo Day


Well folks, the zoo was a bust. It was hot and extremely crowded. The 8 of us could of just stood inside a cage and just been our own exhibit! One lady was staring at us so long while walking that she actually tripped. Sheesh! All I could do was laugh at her. We are such a spectacle here and everyone is so curious. We did see the Pandas and they were really cool. One was eating his bamboo and the other was sleeping. Apparently the day before they were very playful. We also, for $2, let Tai and Avery ride the camel! We got our souvenir pic and the kids were happy. Where else but China can you sit on a camel for $2?!?! The highlight for the zoo was the fountain. Again we let Tai and Avery run around and get soaked. The parents were jealous and in awe of them. So we high tailed it outta there right after the pandas and we can check that one off the list!

After we got home all we wanted to do was hit the pool. So we quickly shoved some lunch down the kiddos and headed down. I assumed sis would hate it and she and I would be right back up for nap. But oh no! She LOVES the pool!!! We have a pool girl so she is most definitely a Fenton! She was stinking adorable and once again squeals in delight. I got some super cute pics and I am so sorry that I can't share them...:( she still hates the bathtub, even the little one the guide gave us. So not sure about that?

After the pool, I went with my friend Lori for a little shopping trip up the road. I left jas home with the kids. They had a really fun play time and Ali got in some much needed baba time! Mama found Tai some $6 gap Jammie's! Also got 3 pairs of Jammie's for Ali, but they are all unfortunately a bit small. Bummer. Good thing I only spent $25 total! After that little excursion, I took Ali to Wal-Mart. Our entire travel group loaded in the bus for this one. But the boys stayed home. I really did not want to go but there were just a few things we had to get. After dinner, our guide took us all to a Mexican restaurant. Yes, they have Mexican in China too. My food was delicious!!! Jason however ordered beef and he said it was most definitely not beef... Duh..I said to him, do you seriously think that is going to be cow? I can only guess what was disguised inside that beef enchilada!

Yesterday was a very long and busy day. I never made it to the business center to upload pics. It is very hard to find time. When I get a quiet moment to myself it is usually early in the AM before anyone is awake and I don't fell like going up there. It is so sad that our computer is fried. I tried all day to send pics from the iPhone and iPad and can't get it to work. I had other families trying to help me too. Must be something in my settings and no one can figure it out. Sad, we have all this technology and can't figure it out.

Today we go get Ali's TB test read then we are going with our group to Shamain Island for a shopping adventure for the day! This will be another long, hot day with no nap. But I have a long list of things that I must have before we leave China. We plan to come home late afternoon and hit the pool and stick to the hotel for dinner and happy hour.

Thanks for all the messages. We are super homesick and ready to come home. Ali is having problems sleeping and so we are all tired. I get so confused what day it is. We are living in such a little cocoon over here. But I think we are down to 4 more sleeps!

4 comments:

  1. Sure do wish I could be there in KC when you all arrive. Well, December isn't too far away. Love that she is a little fish! See? Genes aren't necessarily genetic!!!! Glad to hear the updates, even if they are without pics. Once you get home and everyone gets to see her, don't forget that Aunt Zely and I are still far away! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you haven't been able to post pictures, we still look foreard to reading your blog. Once you get home and get settled, I'm sure Ali will do much better with sleeping. Of course, you all will have to readjust your bodies to day when you are now use to night. I remember it took Kyra and I several days to get in a rhythm when we transitioned from Okinawa to Kansas. Now you have two water babies. It suppose to be in the 70's when you get home so you don't have to much longer to be drenched in sweat!!! Sending caring thoughts and love. Oh, Ye Ye worked on the bookcase again today. Gosh, it's going to be so cute!!! Nei Nei & Ye Ye

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like everything is going great! What a great time you must be having with your smiley, giggly girl! Love that she is a swimmer too. She was meant for your family. Love reading your updates and living vicariously through you. Stay cool and enjoy your last few days.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying your updates. Sorry you are stuck with yucky weather. Thank Giodness for pools and water babies. Enjoy your remaining time in your coccoon

    ReplyDelete